K40 K40-100 Platinum100 Portable Radar And Laser Detector
Along with the finest in Ticket-Free performance, K40 takes your safety seriously.
Now, for the first time ever you have the option to control your portable radar and laser detector with a convenient handheld remote control or professionally installed expert controller. This innovation allows you to customize and control your radar detector while keeping your eyes on the road.
K40’s Platinum100 portable radar and laser detector is also ready to connect to your professionally installed Laser Defusers giving you the confidence of true protection from laser speeding tickets and audible and visual alerts through your Platinum100 so you know exactly when you are being targeted by and jamming police laser.
Keep reading below to find out about all the amazing features and functions of this newest Ticket-Free Guaranteed offering from K40 Electronics.
Features designed with you and your vehicle in mind. The Platinum100 gives you the ultimate in portable speeding ticket protection and puts you in control of where and when you hear police radar and laser alerts. With K40, you’re ready to drive right out of the box. The Platinum100 is pre-programmed for optimal protection for most drivers, with the ability to customize features to your exact driver preferences.
- The Latest Technology for Long Range Protection
The Platinum100 includes engineering enhancements which will inspire confidence that you are driving with the very best speeding ticket protection available today.
- New LNA (Low Noise Amplifier) radar receiver technology that increases range and sensitivity.
- A more powerful CPU for a more responsive system and greater customization options.
- USB updateable for future expansion.
- GPS Features
The Platinum100 offers you full customizable GPS technology features such as:
- Mark to Mute – Mute audible warnings of non-police radar locations you regularly travel past by pressing the MM button on your remote control
- Mark to Alert – Mark locations to alert such as dangerous intersections, speed traps, school zones, and red-light cameras by pressing the MA button on your remote control.
- Speed Monitor – Track your speed without taking your eyes off the road and be alerted if you exceed your selected speed
- Quiet Ride – Mute all alerts under a pre-selected speed. Eliminates alerts when you are driving at or near the posted speed limit (default setting is 20 mph).
- Auto Filter – Sensitivity automatically adjusts to the optimum setting based on your vehicle’s speed. This “set it and forget it” options means you always have just the right amount of protection. Less sensitivity at lower speed means less false alerts, and increased sensitivity at higher speeds means more time to slow down.
- Advanced Filtering
The Platinum100 is packed with advanced filtering technology to make it the quietest, most dependable radar and laser detector available today.
- K-Band Filter – Automatically rejects false alerts from radar-based safety features like Collision Avoidance and Lane departure Warning from other vehicles (including your own).
- Traffic Sensor Filter – Rejects alerts from traffic flow sensors usually encountered during highway driving.
- Ka-Band Filter – Enables filtration of non-police Ka-Band radar signals, e.g. other radar detectors and satellite broadcast bands.
- Radar Band Selectivity
The Platinum100 offers you the option to choose specific band frequency ranges that you wish to be alert to. Make the drive even quieter by honing in on specific frequency ranges used only by a police officer’s radar gun.
- K-Band Narrow/Wide/Extended – Allows you to customize the frequency range of K-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
- Ka-Band Narrow/Wide – Allows you to customize the frequency range of Ka-Band radar signals your system scans and alerts for.
- Optional K40 Laser Defuser® Protection
Become invisible to police laser guns. The Platinum100 allows you to plug in your professionally installed Laser Defusers so that audible and visual alerts appear on your Platinum100 display. Don’t just be alerted to police laser guns, combat them.
- Optional Wireless or Hardwired Remote Control
The Platinum100 is the first portable radar detector built with your safety in mind. You now have the option to control your Platinum100 with a remote control. You can purchase the Platinum100 with or without a hand-held remote control, or special order a hard-wired, back-lit, Expert remote control option and have your retailer custom install it into your vehicle.
- Operating Frequencies:
- 10.500 – 10.550 GHz (X-Band)
- 23.950 – 24.285 GHz (K-Band)
- 33.400 – 36.000 GHz (Ka-Band)
- 830 – 945 nanometers (Laser)
- K-Band Selectivity:
- Scans specific K-Band frequency ranges
- 24.080-24.200 GHz
- 24.026-24.285 GHz
- 23.950-24.285 GHz
- Ka-Band Selectivity:
- Scans 100 MHz above/below the most important frequencies
- 33.7-33.9 GHz / 34.6-34.8 GHz / 35.4-35.6 GHz
- 33.4-36.00 GHz
- Power Requirements:
- 10.05 – 16.0 Volts DC negative ground
- 185 mA typical standby
- Radar Receiver Type: DLNA, Dynamic Low Noise Amplifier
- GPS Receiver Type: SiRFstar III
- Signal Strength Indicators: Audible Geiger and visual signal strength indicators
- RDD Guard: Protection from Radar Detector Detectors
- Temperature Range: -40° – +165° Fahrenheit
- Coiled Power Cord: 3'2" coiled length / 4'6" stretched length – 1.3mm center tip positive – F2AL 2 Amp fuse.
- Straight Power Cord: 10' length – 1.3mm center tip positive – F2AL 2 Amp fuse.
- Sensitivity: Detects X, K, Ka-Band, and laser signals at full sensitivity. (Factory Default)
- Recommended Use: For highway travel or in any area in which you are unfamiliar with the types of radar used.
- Decreases range and sensitivity on X, K, and Ka-Bands.
- Laser detection remains at full sensitivity.
- Recommended Use: When traveling in an urban area with minimal non-police radar signals.
- X-Band off. Further range and sensitivity reduction of K and KaBands.
- Laser detection remains at full sensitivity.
- Recommended Use: When traveling in a congested traffic area with a high concentration of non-police radar signals.
- Adjusts range and sensitivity on all radar bands based on vehicle speed.
- Laser detection remains at full sensitivity.0-45 mph = Filter setting sensitivity.
- 46-55 mph = City setting sensitivity.
- 56 mph+ = Highway setting sensitivity.
- Recommended Use: Allows for less sensitivity in low-speed situations and more range and sensitivity in higher speed situations.
- Width: 3.5"
- Length: 4.5"
- Height: 1.45"
- Unit: 0.39 lb
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review